All of our career coaches have education and training in career coaching philosophy and techniques, administering career assessments, researching occupations and KU majors, creating professional resumes, cover letters and CV's, conducting effective job and internship searches and mastering interviewing skills. Our career coaching staff is comprised of full time professional staff and part time graduate interns. All of our coaches have graduate level training in the field of career development.
What is career coaching?
- helps you access the tools, knowledge and opportunities you need to develop your own career plans.
- empowers you to use your own internal strengths, resources and other assets in finding solutions to your career concerns.
- helps you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- engages you in a goal oriented, future focused and action oriented process.
How can we help?
- help you define your career goals by providing a structure to your career planning process.
- encourage you.
- inspire commitment and monitor and validate your progress.
- promote persistence. partner with you so you can take advantage of your internal and external resources.
- be future focused, impartial, objective, positive and genuine.
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Job Search Resources
- Internship Search
- Interview Preparation (non-mock)
- Job Offer/Salary Negotiation
- Graduate or Professional School Application or Exploration
- Career Assessment Interpretation
- Career/Major Exploration
- Job Search Exploration/Focus
- Mock Interview