Reference Letter Files
A reference letter file is a packet of recommendation letters and information about candidates that is submitted to an employer or graduate school as a part of the application process.
Candidates for employment in educational institutions and those seeking admission to graduate or professional schools are the primary users of reference letter files.
Detailed information about our specific policies and procedures for establishing and submitting each type of reference letter file is outlined below.
POLICY CHANGE (docx): As of August 1, 2013, the UCC will no longer manager new reference letter files but will continue to manage files already created. Students needing reference letter files are encouraged to self-manage using Interfolio.
***Notice: When requesting files, please make sure you make an individual request for each file that needs to be sent out. This must be done individually due to changes in the payment portal which only allow you to pay for one reference letter file at a time.
Links to Helpful Information
- What is Interfolio? (docx)
- Instructions for UCC managed reference letter files (docx)
- UCC managed summary page (docx)
- Waiver form for UCC managed files (docx)
- Instructions for self-managed reference letter files (docx)
- Self-managed summary page (docx)
- Waiver form for self-managed files (docx)
- Request previously established files to be sent and process your payment.
Questions? Contact Ellen Lind, communications assistant, at 785-864-7672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.