Appointments & Resources
Where do I start?
The University Career Center offers several online resources to help with your career needs. Our comprehensive website has a variety of information within the “Students” area that can answer basic questions and lead you to helpful resources.
You may find many of your questions can be answered through these helpful guides:
- Resumes, References, and Cover Letters
- Preparing for Job Interviews
- Strategies for a Successful Job Search
LEARN with Jayhawk Ready.
Jayhawk Ready has brief instructional videos and content that helps you Explore, Prepare, Implement, and Connect. Log in using your KU online ID and password to start learning how to write a resume, prepare for a career fair, negotiate salary, and so much more! Pick and choose what you want to view based on your needs.
EXPLORE with HireJayhawks.com.
Log into HireJayhawsk.com using your KU online ID and password. Through this online tool, you can:
- post your resumes for employers to access
- search and apply for part-time and full-time jobs and internships
- sign up for on-campus interviews
- request appointments with a career coach
- access password protected resources such as Going Global
- practice interviewing via the Impress mock interview tool
- build a resume via Enhanced Resume Builder
- view upcoming events and programs
Need some face-to-face time?
MEET with a Career Coach.
You may schedule an appointment with a career coach M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Our career coaches are able to help you with a variety of career needs. Depending on the appointment type, meetings are 30 or 60 minutes.
Schedule online or by calling 785-864-3624. (Please leave a message if you don't reach us. We will call you back ASAP.) More appointment times may be available than are represented online. If you don't see a time online that will work for you, please call!
Prior to your appointment, check out the Jayhawk Ready milestones related to the type of appointment you will be having. The videos and content are brief and will provide basic background information to help you prepare for your appointment and enrich the conversation you have with your career coach.
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Job Search Resources
- Internship Search
- Interview Preparation (non-mock)
- Job Offer/Salary Negotiation
- Graduate or Professional School Application or Exploration
- Career Assessment Interpretation
- Career/Major Exploration
- Job Search Exploration/Focus
- Mock Interview
- Resume Review with Job Target Discussion
ENGAGE through Career Community Programs.
The UCC offers scheduled collaborative learning sessions on various career-related topics tailored to the six career communities. If you are interested in a session, please come!
View the current list of programs for each community: